Malin Larsson's the first person submitted photos to this blog. It seems my blog's more popular than before, so happy. :)). I'm quite like her photography, clean and truthful. And I also like the way she answered my interview questions, very short. It makes me want to know her more through her photos.
– Hello! Tell me a bit about yourself.
My name is Malin Larsson. I'm 22 yrs old and I live in Sweden.
– When did you start to think about photography?
I got my first digital dslr 2 years ago and from then on photography has meant everything to me!
– Why is photography important for you?
It's my way of deciding which memories to keep, and which to ignore.
– Do you prefer using a digital camera or a film camera?
Always a film camera! My favourite is a Canon AE-1. I only use my digital camera if I really have to.
– How do you describe your photographic style?
Dreamy but yet documentary. It's my diary.
– Where do you find inspiration?
Flickr and my travels.
– Which photographers have influenced you most?
Anna Hatzakis and Mary Robinson!
– If you weren't a photographer, what would you like to be doing?
I really have no idea.
– Where do you want to travel to take pictures?
I wanna go back to Russia and the United States.
– Where do you see yourself in 10 years and 50 years ?
In 10 years I hope I work with photography in some way and in 50 years time I have my own company and have been to every continent!
The submissions are from Malin's trip to the American midwest town of Joplin, Missouri, a few weeks prior to the deathly tornado destroyed large parts of the town.
See more at her flickr